Vaginal rejuvenation is a wide-ranging term for vaginal corrections. These may be performed for cosmetic or age-related purposes including loss of genital tightness and urinary incontinence. Treatments dependent on energy are Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation alternative to Vaginoplasty.
Why it is called energy-based treatment?
Non-surgical procedures use heat that’s why it is known as energy-based therapies. The therapy is performed using an energy-centered system that heats the tissue. These energy-based devices are used to treat skin issues and for vaginal rejuvenation. The aim is to stimulate collagen, blood vessels, tightness, and lubrication when used in the vagina.
What is non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is a general concept covering a variety of vaginal corrections. These treatments are intended to fix complications that may arise after childbirth or aging. Terms can include:
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Laxity (lack of tightness) of the vagina
- Lack of lubrication
What are the various forms of vaginal rejuvenation energy-based treatments?
Two kinds of energy-based vaginal rejuvenation treatments exist. Heat is used for both therapies.
- Radiofrequency (RF) treatments: electromagnetic pulses are present in radiofrequency devices. The energy is based on heating the tissue, similar to waves used in a microwave, but to a smaller degree. Genevieve by Viveve and ThermiVa are brand names for RF devices.
- CO2 laser therapy: Laser heats the upper tissue layers, allowing the tissue to create more collagen in the lower layers. This tightens the vaginal canal. Laser instruments are known for their brand names like MonaLisa Touch®, FemTouchTM, and FemiLift.
What are other vaginal rejuvenation therapies?
Other vaginal rejuvenation treatments may be available:
- Pelvic and Kegel Floor Exercises: Both exercises are designed to reinforce muscles in and around the vagina.
- Vaginoplasty: this is a surgical procedure that tightens the vagina.
What does it involve?
Heat is used for all forms of therapy. The instrument uses the energy to heat the tissue’s top layers. The underlying layers of tissue produce more collagen as the tissue is heated, and it helps the region to recover more quickly. The lower layers produce fresh and firmer tissue by destroying the top layers of tissue.
Are there any complications associated with it?
Bleeding or infection may occur, but the risk is minimal. In extreme situations, energy therapies may lead to vaginal or vulvar scarring.
Is this therapy persistent?
No, Energy-based vaginal rejuvenation therapies are not permanent. The therapies must be carried out in many sessions at a time to get the optimum outcomes.