Acupuncture involves inserting needles at varying depths into the human skin. It is a type of treatment for mental and psychological challenges.
The treatment technique existed in ancient times. It is a traditional Chinese medical theory that exists for more than 2000 years. Insurance providers are now covering acupuncture procedures as a treatment for chronic pain. The Holistic Medical 48st provides professional and expert services that are proactive in treating all the patient’s symptoms.
The Acupuncture procedure explained
The traditional Chinese medical theory suggests that illnesses can be as a result of force imbalances in the body. There are 350 points in the human anatomy that are ideal for the pressure by needles. Inserting needles at these points will balance the flow of energy in the body. By piercing the skin at the appropriate depth and position will trigger a nervous reaction. As the body reacts to the injury by the needle, various organs and tissues respond too. The process aids in restoring the proper functionality of the components of the body.
Reasons for Acupuncture procedures
Researches by scientists have shown that acupuncture aids in treating headaches. It portrays the efficiency in treating migraines from strain to the brain. Acupuncture helps in relieving the discomfort from chronic illnesses. The procedure is common in treating chronic pain as it has shown tremendous results in its use.
Below are common conditions that utilize acupuncture as a treatment procedure;
- When experiencing pain in the neck and back.
- Having migraines and persistent headaches.
- Disease to the joints that is as a result of arthritis.
- Pain in the upper body.
- Pain in women during labor.
- Pain in the lower body.
- Cramping during the women menstrual cycle.
- When having allergic reactions that cause respiratory challenges.
The World Health Organization acknowledges the success of acupuncture as a treatment procedure. Some of the conditions treated include; blood pressure, vomiting due to cancer treatment procedures, painful menstruation process, labor induction, among others.
How is Acupuncture beneficial?
There are a variety of physical and psychological benefits to acupuncture procedures;
- It helps in stress reduction; acupuncture helps to improve a person’s mood by affecting the hormones that produce stress. In turn, it induces a happier feeling.
- It reduces pain in the back, joints, and limbs; the human body undergoes strenuous activities that cause it to tire and ache. Acupuncture is a drug-free procedure for treating the body pains.
- Is a treatment of chronic pains; the procedure offers treatment to migraines and headaches.
- Improves immunity; the procedure boosts the body’s immunity against pathogens infiltrating the body.
- Mental wellness and improved energy levels; acupuncture is a source of mental wellness. It is an ancient treatment for insomnia.
- Eliminates allergic reactions; is an alternative to treatment via antihistamines.
- Assists in quitting smoking; smokers can utilize acupuncture in eliminating the cravings for cigarettes.
- It is a drug-free treatment that offers alternatives to chronic conditions.
It is essential to seek professional advice when looking to access acupuncture treatment procedures. The experience and training of the personnel is vital in making the procedure safe.